Is your other side troubling you after getting Ex-parte order from Court against you? You can try asking for damages.


Supreme Court has not laid down such hard and fast rule.

But such is the upshot of judgement by Justice G S Singhvi and Justice S J Upadhyay in case of New India Assurance Co versus Gopali reported in 2012 (12) SCC 384 on 5-7-2012

In some Countries, there are laws that when you ask for stay order, you must file an undertaking that in the event of stay being vacated by Court, you will pay damages to other side.

You can try looking up above judgement and see what you can do.

Haresh Raichura

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s